- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
- Hinging Mats | Archival Methods Expert How-To Guide
- Archival Methods’ Easiest & Most Versatile Archival Storage Solution
KITS & ACCESSORIES
KITS & ACCESSORIES
Textile Storage Kit
Our custom designed kit for the archival storage of garments, wedding dresses, quilts and other textiles. The Textile Storage Kit contains everything you need. One Textile Storage Box 30” x 18” x 6”, Two pairs of white cotton gloves, 20 feet Un-Buffered 24’’ wide tissue, One reusable Metal Desiccant Canister, One polyethylene bag (place the box in the bag - do not place the fabric directly in the poly bag). Helpful conservation tips are also included.
Corrugated boxes are easily assembled with a self-locking tab design and are manufactured from acid- and lignin-free paper. For added protection from acidic migration the gray corrugated board has a 3% calcium carbonate buffering.
Interior dimensions are 28-3/4' x 17' x 6' deep, providing 3 cubic feet of storage Removable top 3 inches deep. Exterior dimensions are 30' x 18' x 6-1/4'.
Watch Archival Methods Video' Textile Storage Kit.
Pulp: Purified alpha cellulose pulp, acid and lignin-free.
pH: 9.0 (+-).5 buffered with calcium carbonate, 3% reserve.
Single wall 1/8" thickness, B-flute 200-LB test.
Color: gray, dyes are color-fast and non-bleeding.
Adhesive: modified starch, min. pH 8.5
No alum sizing used in these paper board.
Un-Buffered Tissue comes with the Kit.