- Old Photos & Heirlooms | Safe Alternatives to Basement & Attic Storage
- Archival Mounting | 4 Easy Steps for “Floating” an Image in a Mat
- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
ENCLOSURES & SLEEVES
Crystal Clear Bags
Our Crystal Clear Bags will protect prints, artwork, photographs, and documents during display, handling and storage. The Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP) has excellent clarity, a low electrostatic charge, is acid-free, and is safe for long-term storage.
All Crystal Clear Bags have a protective adhesive closure strip located on the body of the bag, not the flap. This adhesive placement is important, as when the contents are removed or re-inserted there is less of a chance of the artwork sticking to the adhesive strip. It is, however, recommended that you insert and remove items carefully. Bags are sized to accommodate a thickness of matted prints or multiple prints. Bags up to 11x14" will accommodate 3/16" in thickness, and bags 12x16" and larger will accommodate 3/8" thickness. Each bag is sealed on three sides and opens on the short side with a 1-1/2” flap.
Archival Solution of the Week Blog: Crystal-Clear-Bags
• Bags 12x16 and larger will accommodate 3/8’’ thickness.
• Bags up to 11x14 will accommodate 3/16’’ thickness.
• 1.5 mil (BOPP) polypropylene is archival safe for long-term storage.
• Sealed on 3 sides and opening on short side with 1-1/2" flap.
• All bags are manufactured (+/ -) 1/16" of the size listed.
• Re-sealable adhesive strip just below the opening of the bag instead of on the flap.
• BOPP is Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene has excellent clarity, low electrostatic charge and high tensile strength. Corona treatment on both sides.