- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
- Hinging Mats | Archival Methods Expert How-To Guide
- Archival Methods’ Easiest & Most Versatile Archival Storage Solution
ENCLOSURES & SLEEVES
Side Loading Film Sleeves
Film sleeves are available in either a clear 3 mil. polypropylene or polyester (Melinex 516 - Dupont’s replacement for Mylar D). Each are archivally safe; the polyester is super-clear and more chemically inert, while polypropylene is more economical. A self-locking side fold holds film in place. Sleeves 'unlock' to open completely for safer film removal without sliding image inside the sleeve.
Polyester Sleeves are crystal clear and more rigid than polypropylene, making viewing and handling your film much easier while providing a high level of protection. Polypropylene Sleeves are just as safe but they lack the optical clarity and are less rigid.
Read our Blog on : Archival Storing Negatives
Melinex 516 Polyester (Dupont’s replacement for Mylar D).
3 mil Polypropylene