- Old Photos & Heirlooms | Safe Alternatives to Basement & Attic Storage
- Archival Mounting | 4 Easy Steps for “Floating” an Image in a Mat
- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
PORTFOLIOS & CASES
PORTFOLIOS & CASES
Museum Drop Front Box
Elegant presentation and storage of digital prints and photographs. Acid- and lignin-free materials provide for archival storage worthy of museum-quality prints. The base of the box is designed with a drop front to allow for easy access. Removable top reduces table space needed when showing prints.
Read our Archival Solution of the Week Blog: Archival Solution of the Week
Watch Archival Methods' Museum Drop Front Box Video.
Acid- and lignin-free materials provide for archival storage worthy of museum-quality prints. Double thick side walls (1/4 inch) on the base of the box provide the extra structure needed for larger print sizes and for stacking. Archival Methods uses the same high quality fabric on the outside of the box as is used on our durable Museum Cases. The box has a depth of 1-1/2’’, except for the 24 x 36 size which is 1-1/4’’ deep. They will hold between 60 to 70 prints on 290-gram paper or between 10 to 12 matted prints, depending on mat board thickness.
Case top, sides and bottom is Kappa binder’s board (.100), a bookmaking board with no glue between layers.
Lined with 10 point acid-and lignin-free card-stock.
PAT tested and passed
Covered in book binding cloth with a moisture-resistant, 100% aqueous acrylic coating.
Adhesive is pH balanced and buffered, <.0008% sulfur content.
Close-tolerance construction to keep out dust
All dimensions are interior case sizes
Need a box size you don’t see listed? We would be pleased to provide a quotation. Visit Imprints and Custom Products for more details and contact information.