- Old Photos & Heirlooms | Safe Alternatives to Basement & Attic Storage
- Archival Mounting | 4 Easy Steps for “Floating” an Image in a Mat
- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
METAL EDGE BOXES
This box style is a standard for organizing and vertically storing letter- and legal-size documents. One-piece construction with a hinged flip top provides a safe, acid-free and lignin-free container for long-term storage and protection. Interior dimensions are oversized to allow for storing items in file folders. Our document boxes are also well suited for storing and accessing thin books, pamphlets and periodicals.
Document boxes feature an undercut front panel for safe insertion or removal of documents, and allows for a fast and convenient file search without removing the documents or file folders. Embossed labeling areas on the box end and lid front neatly, accurately and consistently position a standard pressure-sensitive (PSA) identification label. Boxes have pull cords for easy box withdrawal on closely stacked shelves.
Our boxes are manufactured from heavyweight ArchivalGrade™ boxboard. Metal edge clamps are anti-corrosion treated with a black polyester coating with a wax-free polyester finish on the blind side. These clamps provide both rigidity and high stacking strength. Tan boxes are made of .060 ArchivalGrade™ board. Black and Gray finish board is .055.
Available: Document boxes are offered in letter and legal sizes. Color options include Tan, Gray, Black and White (with matte laminated coating). All have black metal edge clamps.
ArchivalGrade Boxboard Color Tan White / Gray White / Black and White / Gray
Tan, Black and Gray: thickness .056
Tan finish: smooth plate finish. Black finish: textured paper laminated on acid- free black core.
Made from fully bleached, high alpha cellulose pulp. It does not contain any post consumer waste recycled pulp. Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach, peroxide, sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur.
The lignin content is measured by the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less.
Metallic Impurities, Iron will not exceed 150 ppm and copper shall not exceed 6 ppm.No optical brightening agents are used in the pulp.
The paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range 8-9.5
Alkaline or neutral sizing are used. No alum rosin or rosin sizing are used.
Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
Surface of the paper is smooth and free from knots, shives and abrasive particles.
Board will not degrade and cause harm to artifacts stored in boxes made from this paper.
This paper passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 formally ANSI IT9.16
Need a box size you don’t see listed? Visit Imprints and Custom Products for more details.