- Old Photos & Heirlooms | Safe Alternatives to Basement & Attic Storage
- Archival Mounting | 4 Easy Steps for “Floating” an Image in a Mat
- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
BINDERS & ALBUMS
Our unique BinderBox™ combines the protection of an archival quality metal edged box with the utility and convenience of a ring binder. This product is well-suited for acid-free photo storage, filing and storing. Can also be used for genealogical records and other collections one might otherwise store in binders. The BinderBox™ lends itself to “active storage” of collections that are archived but are open to researchers, historians or students.
Constructed of ArchivalGrade boxboard, the BinderBox™ is a multi-purpose storage vehicle. The 1-1/2 inch O-Ring provides the storage capabilities of a binder while the box enclosure provides much greater protection from dust, dirt and other pollutants than does a standard ring binder. Accommodates most standard 3-ring page formats up to 11 x 12-1/2 inches. The cutaway side provides easy access for page turning. The clamshell design offers double wall protection, while the rust-proof black metal corners provide stacking strength. Embossed labeling areas on the box accurately and consistently locate and position a standard pressure-sensitive (PSA) identification label.
The BinderBox™ is available in tan, gray, black or a white matte laminate option that is water resistant.
Archival Solution of the Week Blog: BINDER-IN-A-BOX
ArchivalGrade Boxboard in Tan or Black
Thickness: Tan-.060. or Gray, Black-.055
Finish: Tan, Gray-smooth plate finish. Black- textured paper laminated on acid-free black core.
Made from fully bleached, high alpha cellulose pulp. It does not contain any post consumer waste recycled pulp. Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach or peroxide. Sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur.
The lignin content is measured by the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less.
Metallic Impurities: iron will not exceed 150 ppm and copper will not exceed 6 ppm. No optical brightening agents are used in the pulp.
The paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range 8-9.5
Alkaline or neutral sizing are used. No alum rosin or rosin sizing are used.
Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
Surface of the paper is smooth and free from knots, shives and abrasive particles.
Board will not degrade and cause harm to artifacts stored in boxes made from this paper.
This paper passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 formally ANSI IT9.16
All metal edged box category orders are combined in cart and recalculated at checkout for lowest pricing level.