- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
- Hinging Mats | Archival Methods Expert How-To Guide
- Archival Methods’ Easiest & Most Versatile Archival Storage Solution
METAL EDGE BOXES
Hinged Lid Boxes
This style of hinged lid box is optimal for safely storing prints, films, postcards, CD’s and similarly shaped smaller items. They are also useful for general purpose archival storage of appropriate specimens, samples, art objects and collectibles.
Hinged lid boxes have undercut front panels so contents can be easily filed, sorted or sifted. Embossed labeling areas on box end and lid front neatly, accurately and consistently positions a standard pressure-sensitive (PSA) identification label.
Our boxes are manufactured from heavyweight ArchivalGrade™ boxboard. Metal edge clamps are anti-corrosion treated with a black polyester coating with a wax-free polyester finish on the blind side. These clamps provide both rigidity and high stacking strength. Tan, Black, Gray finished boxes are constructed from 56 pt. board.
Available: Hinged lid boxes are offered in a variety of configurations matching standard print, card and CD formats, as shown below. All have black metal edge clamps.
Watch our short video:: Hinged Lid Acid-Free Boxes Archival Quality
ArchivalGrade™ Boxboard Color Tan and Black
Tan, Gray, Black: thickness .056
Tan finish: smooth plate finish. Black finish: textured paper laminated on acid- free black core.
Made from fully bleached, high alpha cellulose pulp. It does not contain any post consumer waste recycled pulp. Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach, peroxide, sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur.
The lignin content is measured by the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less.
Metallic Impurities, Iron will not exceed 150 ppm and copper shall not exceed 6 ppm.No optical brightening agents are used in the pulp.
The paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range 8-9.5
Alkaline or neutral sizing are used. No alum rosin or rosin sizing are used.
Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
Surface of the paper is smooth and free from knots, shives and abrasive particles.
Board will not degrade and cause harm to artifacts stored in boxes made from this paper.
This paper passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 formally ANSI IT9.16
All dimensions are interior box sizes
Need a box size you don’t see listed? We would be happy to provide a quotation. Visit Imprints and Custom Products for more details.