- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
- Hinging Mats | Archival Methods Expert How-To Guide
- Archival Methods’ Easiest & Most Versatile Archival Storage Solution
KITS & ACCESSORIES
KITS & ACCESSORIES
Film Storage Systems
Designed for for 35mm, 120 and 4 x 5" negatives.
We offer five kits: two for 35 mm (6-frame max.) negative or transparency strips
two for 120 film negatives
one for 4 x 5" negatives or transparencies.
The difference between the available kits listed involves the particular sleeves you choose.
Polypropylene Sleeves are both safe and economical, however they lack the optical clarity of the Polyester Sleeves. Our Polyester Sleeves (replacing the popular “Mylar” Sleeves) are crystal clear and more rigid, making viewing and handling your films much easier while providing a high level of protection. As with many products, they are more costly. If your files are accessed often, choose the Polyester Sleeves. If you are using our Film Storage Kits for long term storage, the Polypropylene Sleeves are a perfectly good fit.
These kits provide you with a three-step process / three levels of organization and preservation:
1) your film is placed in sleeves for protection
2) the sleeves are placed in the folders or envelopes for sorting and cataloging
3) the envelopes are stored in the archival box.
Please keep in mind that each sleeve is designed to hold one strip of negatives, providing the best protection over time and making locating the negative you are looking for easy and efficient.
Each file folder will hold a full roll of six strips.
Each box holds up to 50 Negative File Folders. Additional sleeves at Side Lock Film Sleeves can be purchased if needed.
Each system consists of three components:
a) One Item 02-003 (10-1/4x5-1/2x4-1/2”) Hinged Lid style metal edged box.
b) Two packages of 50 film strip sleeves for 35mm or 120 film and folders for 4" x 5”.