- Old Photos & Heirlooms | Safe Alternatives to Basement & Attic Storage
- Archival Mounting | 4 Easy Steps for “Floating” an Image in a Mat
- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
Board & Paper
Conservation Mat Board
Gallery White Conservation
Board 4 PLY
Gallery White Conservation Mat Board has a neutral white tonality and is similar to Bright White Museum Board. The look, feel and cutting characteristics are very similar to Museum Mat Boards, yet this board made from 100% archival purified wood fiber which is more economical to manufacture. Board has a linen texture with a length ways direction making it ideal for square formats.
4-Ply / 60 Pt. (Approximately 1/16’’)
Board Only without window openings. See Pre-Cut or Custom Mat section.
Conservation Board uses alpha-cellulose pulp from purified wood fiber and is therefore more economical to manufacture than cotton Museum Board, yet carries with it the same stable and long-lasting properties. Purified wood pulp paper has a long history of being safe to use with paper artwork, photographs and documents. Our high quality Conservation Board is acid- and lignin-free, and incorporates alkaline or neutral sizing. All boards are buffered with calcium carbonate. This ensures protection from the destructive effects of acid migration from the matted work and from a polluted environment that might cause the pH of the mat board to decrease (become more acidic) with age. No optical brightening agents are used in the manufacture of our Conservation Board.
Conservation Board uses alpha-cellulose pulp from purified wood fiber 4-Ply / 60 Pt. (Approximately 1/16’’) Alkaline sizing is used for both internal and external sizing. No alum is used in the manufacturing process. Buffered with calcium carbonate 2-3% alkaline reserve, pH 9 ±0.5, acid–free. Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding. Board will not degrade and cause harm to mounted matted artwork. Lignin content is tested by TAPPI 236 cm-85 and has a Kappa number of less than five. The single ply sheets are laminated together using all natural starch adhesive. Board passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO IT 18916 (formerly ISO 14523 ANSI IT9.16).