- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
- Hinging Mats | Archival Methods Expert How-To Guide
- Archival Methods’ Easiest & Most Versatile Archival Storage Solution
Board & Paper
Corners & Tape
High quality Filmoplast Tapes are pH-neutral, non-yellowing, and will not deteriorate over time. The adhesives are water-based, which also makes them reversible under most circumstances. These are very popular products for repairing torn documents and book pages, for the hinging of artwork, and for book binding repairs.
The features of Filmoplast tapes vary by the particular type you choose. Some are best suited for mending pages and documents, while others are ideal for hinging artwork or for book binding repairs. Please see the list of applications below to find the Filmoplast tape that's right for you, or call us at 866-877-7050 with any questions you may have:
• Filmoplast P is a thin, transparent tape ideal for mending torn documents and book pages. It also comes in handy for hinging artwork done on lightweight paper because the hinge won’t show through. The adhesive tacks slowly allowing you to reposition it during application.
• Filmoplast P-90 is a self-adhesive white paper tape perfect for hinging artwork but also repairing book binding. The long-fibered material makes it durable and tear-resistant and provides a secure means to hinge even larger artwork.
• Filmoplast P-90 Plus is specifically designed for fine art hinging. The adhesive used is a refined version of that found in the original P-90, and provides better initial- as well as final-bond strength while retaining the same stable aging characteristics the entire Filmoplast line is known for.
• Filmoplast SH and Filmoplast T are self-adhesive fabric tapes with a strong adhesive. They are ideal for hinging a window mat to backing board. We do not recommend using directly on artwork because of the strength of the adhesive.
Archival Solution of the Week Blog: FILMOPLAST TAPES