- Old Photos & Heirlooms | Safe Alternatives to Basement & Attic Storage
- Archival Mounting | 4 Easy Steps for “Floating” an Image in a Mat
- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
KITS & ACCESSORIES
KITS & ACCESSORIES
Newspaper & Magazine Storage Kits
If you're looking to extend the life of your newspapers and magazines, then this is the all-in-one kit for you.
We offer the following all-in-one kits to simplify newspaper and magazine storage. Just measure the length and width of your newspaper or magazine and order the appropriate kit.
Kits provide a double-level of protection by storing papers in archival quality polyethylene bags and then storing in archival boxes. Box then needs to be stored in a cool, dry environment such as a closet in an air-conditioned home. Avoid temperature and humidity extremes found in basements or attics – the rule of thumb is that if it is uncomfortable for you it will be uncomfortable for your stored newspapers.
Metal desiccant can be reactivated in a conventional oven, plastic desiccant in a microwave.
One last hint - do not “stress” newspapers by packing them tightly in the storage box. Instead pack them rather loosely.
Read our Archival Solution of the Week Blog: Archival Solution of the Week
Each Kit consists of three components:
Tabloid size 63-1418 (1) 14-1/2 x 18-1/2 x 3' Drop Front Box (10) 14x19' Polyethylene Bags (1) Metal or Plastic Desiccant Canister
Broadsheet size 63-1622 (1) 16-1/2 x 22-1/2 x 3' Drop Front Box (10) 20x24' Polyethylene Bags (1) Metal or Plastic Desiccant Canister
Broadsheet size 63-2024(1) 20-1/2 x 24-1/2 x 3' Drop Front Box (10) 20x24' Polyethylene Bags (1) Metal or Plastic Desiccant Canister
Large Magazine Kit item 63-1115 (1) 11-3/4 x 15 x 3' Drop Front Box (10) 11x14' Polyethylene Bags (1) Metal or Plastic Desiccant Canister
Small Magazine Kit item 63-912 (1) 9-1/2 x 12-1/2 x 3' Drop Front Box (10) 9'x12' Polyethylene Bags (1) Metal or Plastic Desiccant Canister
Each Kit consists of three components: One Drop Front Box, Ten Poly bags, One Re-Usable Desiccant. Please choose between our Metal Canister Desiccant, which is easily re-activated in a vented oven; or our Plastic Canister Desiccant, which is easily re-activated in a microwave oven.