- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
- Hinging Mats | Archival Methods Expert How-To Guide
- Archival Methods’ Easiest & Most Versatile Archival Storage Solution
Board & Paper
Corners & Tape
Mounting Corners & Tape
Mounting corners are handy, but many are frustrating to use - they often don’t stick well and do not always meet archival standards. Our “3L” mounting corners solves these problems, as they are truly museum-grade quality. The corners are made of archivally-safe polypropylene and the high-quality pressure-sensitive adhesive does not come in contact with the document or photo being mounted.
Standard Full Corners are traditionally-styled mounting corners and are offered in 4 sizes: 10 mm (3/8") for up to 4 x 6 prints / 19 mm (11/16") for up to 8 x 10 prints / 32 mm (1-1/4") for up to 11 x 14 prints / 75 mm (3") for up to 20 x 24 prints. Cut Back Corners are unique corners that feature a “cut back pocket” which is intended for use with matted works. The corner covers only the edge of the work, making the adhesive corner “invisible” behind the mat. They are available in two sizes: 32 mm (1-1/4") for up to 11 x 14 prints / 75 mm (3") for up to 20 x 24 prints. Mounting Tape and Squares are handy for use in mounting non-archival prints, photos, and documents. While the use of adhesives is not generally approved of in archival work, in many applications such as identification labels and tags it is not necessary to follow strict archival protocols. Our Mounting Squares are repositionable for approximately 5 minutes for ease and accuracy of use. Beyond that time they cure to a permanent bond for a secure and dependable mount. The ½"-squares come in a self-dispensing box. Each square has a top release liner with a handy positioning tab to permit precise placement. Our 1/4"-wide tape is supplied in a continuous 25-meter (81’) roll in a handy dispenser with built-in cut-off edge.
Watch our short video:: Archival Mounting Solutions for artwork, photographs, documents