- Old Photos & Heirlooms | Safe Alternatives to Basement & Attic Storage
- Archival Mounting | 4 Easy Steps for “Floating” an Image in a Mat
- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
METAL EDGE BOXES
1-1/2 Inch Drop Front Boxes
This box is perfect for the storage of prints, photos, art and similar mounted or unmounted documents that are best stored flat. This style of box is also well-suited for digital prints, musical scores, pamphlets, letters, newspapers and other flat collectibles.
1-1/2 inch drop front boxes are available in black, white and tan. Our white boxes are constructed with a matte laminate coating making them water resistant. Available in both standard sizes and formatted for digital prints.
Metal-edged drop-front boxes consist of a removable top and a bottom with a hinged “drop front” panel on one of the long sides. This feature “opens” the bottom section so the contents can be inserted, removed or examined safely, without bending or flexing the contents in any way. The risk of “dog-earing” your materials is also greatly minimized.
Our boxes are manufactured from heavyweight ArchivalGrade™ boxboard. Metal edge clamps are anti-corrosion treated with a black polyester coating with a wax-free polyester finish on the blind side. These clamps provide both rigidity and high stacking strength.
Read our Archival Solution of the Week Blog: Archival Solution of the Week
ArchivalGrade Boxboard Color Tan/Black
Tan, Black and Gray: thickness .056
Tan finish: smooth plate finish. Black finish: textured paper laminated on acid- free black core.
Made from fully bleached, high alpha cellulose pulp. It does not contain any post consumer waste recycled pulp. Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach, peroxide, sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur.
The lignin content is measured by the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less.
Metallic Impurities, Iron will not exceed 150 ppm and copper shall not exceed 6 ppm.No optical brightening agents are used in the pulp.
The paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range 8-9.5
Alkaline or neutral sizing are used. No alum rosin or rosin sizing are used.
Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
Surface of the paper is smooth and free from knots, shives and abrasive particles.
Board will not degrade and cause harm to artifacts stored in boxes made from this paper.
This paper passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 formally ANSI IT9.16
All dimensions are interior box sizes