- Old Photos & Heirlooms | Safe Alternatives to Basement & Attic Storage
- Archival Mounting | 4 Easy Steps for “Floating” an Image in a Mat
- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
Safety Hangers 30 lb
Safety Hangers are simple to use and can help defer theft when artwork is hung in a public space – a would-be thief just can’t swipe the picture off the wall! The wire will stay in the closed loop, catching most impromptu thieves off-guard so they will quickly move on. While not earthquake proof - nothing is – frames secured with Safety Hangers will not shake off the wall on stairways and heavy traffic areas.
Includes high-quality brass plated hangers and heavy-duty steel nails with knurled heads. The spring-loaded clip traps the hanging wire in a closed loop, preventing a simple upward motion from dislodging the wire. To release, simply reach around to the back of the frame and push the clip back to remove the wire from the hanger before taking the picture off the wall. Use two hangers for heavy frames and for added security. (Please Note: Archival Methods recommends using two hooks per frame - regardless of size - as this will help significantly in keeping your pictures level.)Available in packages of 10 & 25 hangers.