- Old Photos & Heirlooms | Safe Alternatives to Basement & Attic Storage
- Archival Mounting | 4 Easy Steps for “Floating” an Image in a Mat
- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
METAL EDGE BOXES
Flat Storage Box
Gray Archival Box with a fully telescoping top on the 22-1/2 x 28-1/2 x2’’ size and a short top (non-telescoping) on the 16-1/2x20-1/2x5’’ deep box. All four corners of bottom tray are fastened with metal edge clamps (non-drop front).
Metal edge clamps are anti-corrosion treated with a black polyester coating with a wax-free polyester finish on the blind side. These clamps provide both rigidity and high stacking strength.
ArchivalGrade Boxboard Color Gray thickness .055
Smooth plate finish free from knots, shives and abrasive particles.
Made from fully bleached, high alpha cellulose pulp. It does not contain any post consumer waste recycled pulp. Paper is free of metal particles, waxes, plasticizers, residual bleach, peroxide, sulfur content is less than 0.0008% reducible sulfur.
The lignin content is measured by the phloroglucinol test with a Kappa number of 5 or less.
Metallic Impurities, Iron will not exceed 150 ppm and copper shall not exceed 6 ppm.No optical brightening agents are used in the pulp.
The paper contains a minimum of 3% calcium carbonate (CaCO3) with a pH range 8-9.5
Alkaline or neutral sizing are used. No alum rosin or rosin sizing are used. - Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding.
Board will not degrade and cause harm to artifacts stored in boxes made from this paper.
This paper passes the PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 formally ANSI IT9.16
All dimensions are interior box sizes