- Old Photos & Heirlooms | Safe Alternatives to Basement & Attic Storage
- Archival Mounting | 4 Easy Steps for “Floating” an Image in a Mat
- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
PORTFOLIOS & CASES
ONYX PORTFOLIO BOXES
Onyx Portfolio 4″
Portfolio boxes are ideal for storing matted or un-matted prints. They are often the best choice when presentation is a important a factor. Ruggedly constructed with strong hinge section, along the longest side, withstands repeated opening and closing. Select white or black lining.
Interior dimensions listed, add 1/2 inch to Length & Width, 1/4 inch to Hight for outside size.
See Capacity Chart
Hinged design allows top to fold open and lie flat, providing easy and instant access. This design, moreover, facilitates transfer of stored items from one side to the other for smooth and professional presentation. An additional and important benefit is that photos, transparencies or documents are subject to less physical handling compared to storage in conventional boxes, further reducing any risk of damage. More specifically, works in portfolio boxes can be edge-handled with fingers never touching the surface of the work. The benefits are obvious.
Portfolio boxes are ideal for storing matted or un-matted prints. Strong hinge section withstands repeated opening and closing. All portfolios are hinged along the longest side. Dimensions shown are for box interior.
Watch Archival Methods’ short video Onyx Portfolios
Color: gray, dyes are color-fast and non-bleeding.
Box core is Kappa binder’s board (.100), a bookmaking board with no glue between layers.
Lined with 80 lb. acid- and lignin-free paper
PAT tested and passed
Covered in library quality F-Grade Buckram (poly-cotton) with a moisture-resistant, 100% aqueous acrylic coating.
Adhesive is pH balanced and buffered, <.0008% sulfur content.
Close-tolerance construction to keep out dust
All dimensions are interior portfolio sizes