- Scanning Photographs | Why these 8 Steps for Family Archiving are Important!
- Archival Binders | NEW Designs from Archival Methods
- Tintypes | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Cabinet Cards & Cartes-de-Visite | 5 Steps to Archivally Preserve YOUR Family Photographs
- Light Damage – Protecting Framed Artwork | Photographs | Collections
- Preserving Photographs | 5 Steps to Rescue Snapshots from Old Family Displays
- Archival Storage & Presentation | Our Top 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017
- Preserving Family Photographs | 7 Steps to Secure & Share Your History
- Hinging Mats | Archival Methods Expert How-To Guide
- Archival Methods’ Easiest & Most Versatile Archival Storage Solution
ENCLOSURES & SLEEVES
Economy Clear Bags
Economy Clear Bags offer a safe and affordable option for archivally protecting and displaying artwork, prints, documents and collectibles. Pressure lines are visible on this product line, however this will not affect the contents of the bags. Constructed of Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP), the bags have an excellent clarity, are acid-free and have a low electrostatic charge.
Economy Clear Bags have a protective adhesive closure strip located on the body of the bag, not the flap. This adhesive placement is important, as when the contents are removed or re-inserted there is less of a chance of the artwork sticking to the adhesive strip. It is, however, recommended that you insert and remove items carefully. The bags are sized to accommodate matted and multiple prints. Bags up to 11 x 14 will accommodate a thickness of 3/16”, while those 12 x 16 and larger will accommodate a 3/8” thickness. Each bag is sealed on three sides and opens on the short side with a 1-1/2” flap.
ALL ECONOMY CLEAR BAGS HAVE VISIBLE PRESSURE LINES. IF THIS IS A CONCERN, PLEASE ORDER AN ALERNATIVE PRODUCT – SUCH AS THE CRYSTAL CLEAR BAGS OR SIDE LOADING PRINT SLEEVES.